The Sportsbet free bet offer available to Australians can change significantly depending on what time of the year it is and the current gambling laws down under. As of May, 2022 the Sportsbet horse racing freebet for new customers is non-existent, however this wagering company does run promotions for existing customers. You can take advantage of all Sportsbet’s free bet bonus offers by following Horse Betting’s links to the bookmaker:
How to claim the Sportsbet free bet offer
The Sportsbet freebet bonus is available to customers in all jurisdictions when they have one available, with this wagering company clearly among the most popular in Australia and New Zealand.
Claiming a Sportsbet free bet bonus is a straight-forward process and involves opening a new account at the Australian online bookmaker.
You don’t need to add a Sportsbet bonus code to take advantage of offers, with it simply a matter of making a deposit with one of several convenient deposit methods. It’s worth noting that some bookie deposit options can void Sportsbet free bet deals, with an example of this being Paypal, going off previous offers.
If the free bet at Sportsbet you are attempting to claim is available, it will be credited to your account instantly and if there are any issues you can contact their customer service, which is industry leading.
So in summary, while there is no Sportsbet free bet currently available, when there is, applying it is straightforward. Horse Betting Australia has a comprehensive guide to the top horse racing free bet offers that are available.
Why is the Sportsbet freebet bonus banned?
Australia has got some of the strictest gambling laws in the world, including outlawing Sportsbet’s sign up bonus free bet offer, which used to be one of the most popular at Australian horse betting sites.
The Interactive Gambling Act was updated in 2017 to officially ban new account incentives, including the Sportsbet free bet, with authorities believing that it will help stop problem gambling. The banning of the Sportsbet free bet is theoretically going to stop punters from being attracted to the online bookie.
While there has been some chatter about reinstating the Sportsbet free bet offer, there has been very little action from the Australian gambling regulators, which are at a state level.
Basically, under Australian gambling laws, Sportsbet can still offer you free bets after you are a member, via email or text message. But advertising free bets to people who are not members yet is outlawed.
5 reasons to join Sportsbet
While the Sportsbet free bet is currently turned off, there are still many good reasons to join the company. Five pros of betting on horse racing with Sportsbet include:
- Sportsbet apps: Sportsbet’s apps are among the best in the business, with an outstanding reputation right across the country. They are available for both iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. Sportsbet app guide.
- Sportsbet odds: Sportsbet undoubtedly has some of the better odds at Australian horse betting sites. For instance, at the time of writing our Sportsbet free bet guide, we compared three races odds with two other bookmakers, and Sportsbet came out in front in all of them.
- Unparalleled reputation: Sportsbet has been around for many years now, since being founded by bookmaker luminary Matthew Tripp. Over this period, they have changed hands several times, however they have always maintained a good standard of service, including outstanding dispute resolution.
- Wagering promotions: While the Sportsbet free bet sign up offer is no longer available there are other promotions the company runs from time to time. So as always, we recommend being members at multiple bookies, so you can get the best of both worlds when it comes to bookie bonus bets.
- Sports betting: It’s fair to say Sportsbet sits at the top of the tree when it comes to sports betting in Australia. They have some bet types that can be hard to find, like same game multis on the AFL and NRL.
Sportsbet free bet summary
The Sportsbet racing free bet is no longer available to new customers, although we have seen offers being sent out via text in recent times. These Sportsbet freebet promotions are not allowed to be advertised to Australians because of local laws, however we always recommend holding multiple online bookmaker accounts. This is because often bookies will have freebets on an event, that other bookies don’t — so it always pays to shop around. You do not need a Sportsbet referral code to claim the Sportsbet.com.au free bet offers, with these deals generally applied to your account automatically.