The PlayUp free bet offer available to Australians can change significantly depending on what time of the year it is and the current gambling laws down under. As of December, 2023 the PlayUp horse racing freebet for new customers is non-existent, however this wagering company does run promotions for existing customers. It is still possible to get PlayUp racing freebets after you are a customer, however sign up bonus free bets are banned in Australia, as part of an effort to stamp out problem gambling.
You can take advantage of all PlayUp’s free bet bonus offers by following Horse Betting’s links to the bookmaker:
How to claim the PlayUp free bet offer
The PlayUp freebet bonus is available to customers in all jurisdictions when they have one available, with this wagering company on the way up in Australia.
Claiming a PlayUp free bet bonus is a straight-forward process and involves opening a new account at the Australian online bookmaker.
You don’t need to add a PlayUp bonus code to take advantage of offers, with it simply a matter of making a deposit with one of several convenient deposit methods. It’s worth noting that some bookie deposit options can void PlayUp free bet deals, with an example of this being Paypal, going off previous offers.
If the free bet at PlayUp you are attempting to claim is available, it will be credited to your account instantly and if there are any issues you can contact their customer service, which is available 24 hours, seven days a week.
So in summary, while there is no PlayUp free bet currently available, when there is, applying it is straightforward. Horse Betting Australia has a comprehensive guide to the top horse racing free bet offers that are available.
Why is the PlayUp freebet bonus banned?
Australia has got some of the strictest gambling laws in the world, including outlawing PlayUp’s sign up bonus free bet offer, which used to be one of the most popular at Australian horse betting sites.
The Interactive Gambling Act was updated in 2017 to officially ban new account incentives, including the PlayUp freebet, with authorities believing that it will help stop problem gambling. The banning of the PlayUp free bet is theoretically going to stop punters from being attracted to the online bookie.
While there has been some chatter about reinstating the PlayUp free bet offer, there has been very little action from the Australian gambling regulators, which are at a state level.
Basically, under Australian gambling laws, PlayUp can still offer you free bets after you are a member, via email or text message. But advertising free bets to people who are not members yet is outlawed.
5 reasons to join PlayUp
While the PlayUp free bet is currently turned off, there are still many good reasons to join the company.
Five pros of betting on horse racing with PlayUp include:
- PlayUp apps: PlayUp is one of the new apps to come into the Australian horse racing betting market, their app is quite basic, but they seemingly do the basic right and can quickly become on off Australia’s favourite betting apps.
- PlayUp odds: PlayUp may not necessarily be held in as high regards yet to the likes of Sportsbet and Ladbrokes, but considering the odds they provide on Australian horse racing, they will quickly become a popular option amongst punters. They release odds in quick time following the release of final fields and often have some of the best odds in the industry.
- New bookie on the block: PlayUp.com.au has only been around in Australia since 2019, but has been making steady ground on their rivals since the launch. If they continue on their rapid rise through the ranks, we believe they will become a serious player in the market.
- Wagering promotions: While the PlayUp free bet sign up offer is no longer available there are other promotions the company runs from time to time. So as always, we recommend being members at multiple bookies, so you can get the best of both worlds when it comes to bookie bonus bets.
- Sports betting: It’s fair to say PlayUp will continually improve when it comes to sports betting in Australia. They have basic bet types that that most bookies have, but they do lack on the exotics, which bigger bookies like Sportsbet and Neds thrive with. Like we said before, despite not having a Playup sign up freebet, this bookie does the basics right.
PlayUp free bet summary
The PlayUp racing free bet is no longer available to new customers, although we have seen offers being sent out via text in recent times. These PlayUp freebet promotions are not allowed to be advertised to Australians because of local laws, however we always recommend holding multiple online bookmaker accounts. This is because often Aussie bookies will have freebets on an event, that other bookies don’t — so it always pays to shop around. You do not need a PlayUp refferal code to claim the PlayUp.com.au free bet offers, with these deals generally applied to your account automatically.