British trainer Mark Johnston has revealed he is in isolation after contracting coronavirus.
Johnston said he began isolating last week and a test on Wednesday confirmed he had COVID-19.
“I didn’t really want any publicity because I didn’t want to make a meal of it,” Johsnton told horseracingplanet.com.
“I’ve been isolated since last Tuesday but other people are a lot worse off than I am. Other people have bigger problems so you don’t want to blow it up.
“It started with a cough and I tried to play it down. I didn’t really think I had it but after four days my temperature was off the scale and then I had no choice but to accept it.”
The 60-year-old said he had chosen to stay at home.
“Hospital is the last place I wanted to go given what you see on the news,” Johnston said.
“I’ve had an online consultation and the doctor keeps telling you that as you’re continuing to breathe OK, then stay at home and don’t go to hospital, so that’s what I’m working on.”