Trainer: Bart Cummings
Owner: Cummings and Dato Tan Chin Nam
Gelding by Sky Chase out of All Grace born 1992
23 starts: 10 wins, eight 2nds, three 3rds
Prize money: $3.852 million
Group One wins:
Australian Cup (1996), Cox Plate (1996), Melbourne Cup (1996), CF Orr Stakes (1997)
* One of a stellar group of three-year-olds in the 1995-96 season including Octagonal, Nothin’ Leica Dane and Filante with the four fighting out thrilling finishes in the Rosehill Guineas and Australian Derby – both won by Octagonal.
*.The fourth horse to complete the Cox Plate-Melbourne Cup double in the same year following Nightmarch (1929), Phar Lap (1930), and Rising Fast (1954). Makybe Diva (2005) is the only other horse to do it.
* Gave Bart Cummings the 10th of 12 Melbourne Cups.
* Retired after the Orr Stakes because of injury. Lived out his retirement at Cummings’ Princes Park on the outskirts of Sydney where his trainer also spent his final months before his death in 2015.
* Cummings named his Flemington stable Saintly Place in the horse’s honour.
* Darren Beadman rode Saintly to his four Group One wins. He was also opposed to him in his three-year-old autumn when he rode Octagonal to win four Group One races.